We’re All In This Together
The Pleasantville Farmers Market is owned by the Village of Pleasantville and run under contract by Foodchester, Inc., a locally run volunteer-based non-profit organization. The Market is a private event to which the public is invited, subject to the rules listed below. Market rules are created for the health, safety, and enjoyment of our shoppers. Visitors who violate these rules may be asked by management to leave the Market.
Within Market boundaries*, between the hours of 6am and 2pm, we ask that you kindly observe the following rules:
- No smoking of any kind. This includes e-cigarettes.
- No dogs or other animals, with the exception of service animals trained to assist visitors with a disability.
- No petitioning, fundraising, politicking, public protests, sampling, performing, or promotion of services, except by express permission of Foodchester, Inc.
- No sales of any products unless they have been approved by management.
- No bicycles, scooters, roller skates, Segways, or other wheeled transport. Wheelchairs, of course, are permitted.
- No littering, open speakers (radio/music playing or other media intended for public consumption), or bare feet.
*Market boundaries are defined by the Village of Pleasantville and a map is available at our manager’s tent.
Vendors have their own list of rules and regulations regarding sourcing, staffing, service and health code compliance, and we inspect their farms and kitchens regularly to ensure the integrity of their products. This is part of what makes the Pleasantville Farmers Market unique.